- Employer Hays.
- Location United Kingdom, Bristol
- Salary Competitive
- Closing date 13 Sep 2022
- Sector Consultancy
- Job Role Cyber Security Consultant
- Job Type Permanent
Principal Cyber Security Risk and Governance Consultant
One of the top ten defence companies is looking for enthusiastic and creative Principal Cyber Consultant professionals who can help protect the UK’s national infrastructure and become a recognized cyber expert.
This role will be positioned within the organisation’s cyber consulting practice to help clients deliver and secure their digital transformation. The Cyber and Security division is at the forefront of delivering technology and services to the civil and defence markets in the UK and around the world. The organisation’s practice is UK NCSC accredited by the Enterprise and Operational Technology NCSC in providing advice and guidance to clients in both the security domains of governance and risk management, security architecture and compliance.
This position can be either remote or hybrid based in the Bristol office, with occasional travel to client sites.
Relate to and understand clients’ businesses and their problems. As a consultant, you will help build meaningful relationships and actively listen to find potential solutions.
Identify, measure, and analyse threats to digital systems and information assets through risk assessment. Help define appropriate and proportionate security solutions and effectively communicate them to clients through the creation of architectural views, prototypes and designs. Assisting in the technical development of the organisation’s products as well as helping to create a viable offering for customers.
Helping customers define, implement and perform environments against a defined set of standards in highly regulated industries
What you need to succeed.
- Ability and willingness to undergo UK security clearance (applicants must have 5 years permanent residence in the UK) Cyber security degree and/or professional certification such as CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CASP, CEH in OSI model layer TCP/ Understanding of IP-based networking concepts, common protocols in use and their risks
- Experience managing project delivery and related costs such as time, cost and quality. Managing multiple stakeholders and summarising for both technical and non-technical users
- Ability to communicate risk-based concepts and perspectives Experience developing and mentoring junior team members
- Expert understanding of risk assessment and general best practice standards such as NIST SP 800-30/37 and ISO 31000/27005 for implementing/developing risk assessment and risk management frameworks Experience
- Experience assessing, defining and implementing security governance frameworks.
What will you get in return?
- Salary £70k – £90k depending on experience.
- Better holiday entitlement Company-funded pension, life insurance and income protection
- Flexible working options and work-life balance
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Wide range of company-funded flexible benefits
- Learning and development opportunities – thousands Free Online Courses
- As a gold investor in people, my client is committed to helping employees develop professionally.
- And much more
Applicants must be UK residents and have the right to work in the UK. Due to the nature of this role sponsorship cannot be offered.
If you know someone who would be perfect for this role, please get in touch! Hays pays out up to £500 in high street shopping vouchers for successful referrals.
Finding the right role requires careful consideration – and we’re just the lifelong partners who can help you on your journey to success. Here with you every step of the way – we can connect you with opportunities that match. Your priorities and goals. Because at Hayes, we’re working for you tomorrow.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply Now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential career discussion.