You will join Aviva at an exciting time for IT Environments & Controls Lead our data platforms and services, a key pillar of the organisational strategy. Working within the IT data and analytics platform, you will lead environmental management and control activities for Aviva’s data analytics capability, ensuring that analytics tooling remains synchronised and cost-effective. , And ongoing changes run efficiently and well.
- Employer. Aviva
- Location. Norwich
- Salary. Competitive
- Closing date. 31 Jul 2022
- Recruiter Type. Recruitment Consultant
- Sector. Insurance
- Job Role. Information Security Officer
- Job Type. Permanent
- Role: Data Analytics – Environments & Controls Lead
- Salary: £34,000 to £38,000
- Location: Norwich / Flexible
Our analytics toolset includes AWS-based Qlik, Business Objects, Dataiku, Data Robot and RStudio, used by more than 6,000 Aviva users.
A little bit about work
In this role you will:
- Own and coordinate activity schedules to keep up with data analytics platforms, including AMI refreshments, service account management, and upgrades and patching.
- Develop a technical overhaul plan for the team, work with the data analytics teams to agree on resource needs, and track and implement the project.
- Own and manage the release management process for the Data Analytics platform, liaising between our teams and change management to ensure that changes are delivered safely and successfully.
- Work with the operational support leads to effective monitoring and stability of the data analytics infrastructure.
- Prepare and manage cost reporting for the data analytics platform infrastructure, work with technical SMEs to agree and provide optimization plans.
A little bit about you
- If you have clear experience working in the technical support function, and you think you will enjoy the responsibilities of this role, we would love to hear from you. You will bring:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to belong and communicate with both business and technology people.
- The ability to guide and encourage technical resources, provide successful team results through collaboration and innovative thinking
- Experience working with BI, Analytics and Data Science tooling (such as Qlik, Business Objects, Tableau, Power BI, Dataiku, RStudio, etc.) Sagemaker)
- You should be able to be on-site in Norwich for at least part of the week.
- What you will get for this role:
- Starting salary between £ 34,000 and £ 38,000 Extensive pension depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Annually Eligibility for Performance Bonus
- Family Friendly Parent and Caregiver Holiday In addition to
- 29 days leave each year Bank Holiday and 5 additional days Buy / Sell option
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products Excellent flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and save as you earn.
- 21 volunteer hours each year